Monday, July 30, 2012

All in a year

My baby is now a toddler. She lurks around our small townhome looking for new ways to be mischievous. From emptying out drawers and cupboards to climbing on furniture and the stairs, she is a bundle of energy and curiosity. It is imperative to remember to keep the bathroom door closed! Time does go so very quickly. In a way.
I think back to the endless crying and inconsolable days and it feels like it took forever. Reflecting on this past year, so much has happened and changed. What a roller coaster of emotions! The early months were so difficult for me and I felt incredibly lonely. I am so thankful for my faithful, loving and patient hubby who I was fortunate to have home with me. I think if he had been working full time I would have gone crazy. Well, maybe I did go crazy a little but how can you not with all those hormones, no sleep and all that screaming? =)
What a joy now to be able to take my little girl out as she is in awe and wonder of every stick and flower she sees. It really doesn't take much to get her excited! She is so passionate, and has a fiery disposition but at the same time can be so sweet and gentle. I cannot believe how much I love her!





1 comment: